Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Besides pronunciation, what else can I do to improve my speech fluency in English?
Great question! Fluency also includes intonation, word stress, sentence stress, and word usage. These elements affect how your listener interprets and understands what you are trying to say.
This course teaches you how to apply these common elements of American speech in your daily conversations.
You will learn:
- How and when to use the different types of intonation patterns (rise and fall of pitch)
- Which words you should stress when you are speaking and those you don't
- Plural forms of nouns
- How to understand and use reduced speech
- Lessons are structured in a slide presentation format. You can stop, pause, play, go back or forward in your lesson.
- Quizzes are built inside your presentations.
- This course is self-paced so you can study and practice at your convenience
- This course is 12 weeks